This sleeper was built in 1942 by the Pullman Standard Co. for the Pennsylvania Railroad. Its name came from the creeks along the railroads The Creek car series contains 12 duplex single rooms and 4 double bedrooms and were built by the Pullman Standard company exclusively for the Pennsylvania Railroad on the Broadway Limited. The Chippewa Creek later saw service with the Penn Central. When originally delivered to the society in 1972, the car was wearing the passenger train colors of the Penn Central.
The car was purchased by PRS in 1972 and its maiden excursion was to Yellowstone in 1974. This car was also used on the El Corazon de Mexico excursion to Guadalajara in 1975.